Post one

The first two chapters for this curse I found particularly interesting especially because these things having to do with communication between cultures happens in daily life. However as someone who is apart of a diverse culture in America I never really took a step back and realized how often I follow these unspoken rules of communication. Such as that simply being raised by your parents gives you a preset to how you would treat different ethnicity’s, genders, or cultures. They don’t even need to be be hurtful thoughts or ways to treat other people you are just raised to discretely feel that way towards a person or group of people and not even mean to do so. The most interesting part of the two chapters is how two different cultures interact with each other. I loved the example in class that was used with the difficulties of American business men integrating into the Japanese work force.
My name is Elliott Rubio and I play for the men’s soccer team here at UVU. I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois and I am 21 years old. I am also a triplet and my brothers names are Isaiah and Austin, I am the youngest of the three. I love the outdoors and pretty much anything sports related. For me coming out to Utah for school and soccer was one of the best decisions I have ever made.